Rockhaven Resources Ltd. announced assay results from the remainder of the 2020 diamond drill program at its Klaza property, located in the Dawson Range Gold Belt of southern Yukon.
The program was designed to test new vein targets through 6,042 m (19 823 ft) of diamond drilling in 22 holes. The drilling focused on targets outside of the known Klaza Au-Ag Intermediate Sulphidation Deposit including the Rusk, Pearl, Etzel and Victoria targets. One hole was drilled below the Klaza Deposit to test for depth potential.
Matt Turner, Rockhaven’s President and CEO, stated: ‘I am excited that our 2020 program, designed to test new vein field targets within 3 km of the Au-Ag Klaza Deposit, yielded new high-grade vein discoveries’.
Assay highlights from the drill program include:
Pearl Zone (three holes drilled in 2020)
- 59.8 g/t gold and 425 g/t silver over 0.40 m
Rusk Zone (ten holes drilled in 2020)
- 16.35 g/t gold, 321 g/t silver, 1.98% lead and 1.01% zinc over 0.63 m
- 2.05 g/t gold, 129 g/t silver, 2.29% lead and 4.67% zinc over 5.65 m
- 1.42 g/t gold, 30.7 g/t silver, 0.48% lead and 0.60% zinc over 9.80 m
Klaza Zone (one hole drilled in 2020 to a vertical depth of 450 m)
- 3.18 g/t gold and 43.52 g/t silver over 2.00 m
Etzel Zone (five holes drilled in 2020)
- 9.69 g/t gold and 82.74 g/t silver and 2.62% copper over 1.50 m
- 0.25 g/t gold and 17.2 g/t silver over 81.63 m including 838 g/t silver over 1.50 m
‘An aggressive drilling program is scheduled to begin in May to follow-up the new discoveries, with an emphasis on the Rusk Vein Complex where there is excellent potential to rapidly outline near-surface gold and silver resources and to test the Klaza Deposit to depth where we have now documented mineralization to a vertical depth of 450 m (1476 ft),’ added Mr Turner, ‘The goal of the 2021 drill program will be to de-risk and build upon the excellent economics outlined in the Preliminary Economic Assessment released in July 2020’.